Monday, May 2, 2011

Thank You, Lord

.
Today, when we learn that brave Navy Seals killed Osama Bin Laden in a daring raid in Pakistan, I'm reminded of a scene from the movie Patton. General Patton (played by George C. Scott) is at a temporary headquarters on Third Army's drive to Bastogne to rescue 101st Airborne soldiers who had been surrounded by German enemy for weeks. It was snowing.


-You want to see me, general?

-Oh, yeah, chaplain. I'm tired of 3rd Army having to fight Germans. . . . . .with supreme command, no gasoline. . . . . .and now this ungodly weather. I want a prayer, a weather prayer.


A weather prayer, sir?


Yes, let's see if you can't get God working with us.


Gonna take a thick rug for that kind of praying.


I don't care if it takes a flying carpet.

I don't know how this will be received, general. Praying for good weather so we can kill our fellow man.


I assure you, because of my relations with the Almighty. . . . . .if you write a good prayer, we'll have good weather. And I expect that prayer within an hour.


Yes, sir.



Next, the movie shows Gen. Patton outside, at night in the snow, praying the prayer that the chaplain wrote. The next scene (the following day) shows US fighter aircraft flying combat support in clear blue skies.


MANY psalms ask God to deliver us from our enemies (
http://www.lovethetruth.com/articles/psalms_and_enemies.htm).


Thank You, Lord, for the brave Navy Seals who accomplished this mission. Thank You for delivering enemy Osama Bin Laden, murderer of MANY innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment